Frequently Asked Questions

Get The Facts From Grant A. Gehrmann

$1.6 Million

Accident Injury

$2.2 Million

Wrongful Death

$3.3 Million

Brain Injury

$2.5 Million

Spine Injury

$3.0 Million

Injury to Child

$1.9 Million

Rear-end Car Crash

Call (360) 253-3667 or contact us online to schedule your virtual consultation by appointment today!

How much does a personal injury attorney cost?

There are no up-front costs or fees required to hire us. We’re paid based upon the amount of damages we recover for our clients. This is known as a “contingency fee”. Our contingency fees are typically 33% of the amount we recover for our clients— 40% if the case proceeds to trial. This is the typical rate charged for experienced personal injury attorneys in Washington.

Will you take my case?

Our office handles serious injury claims that typically involve hospitalization and extensive medical care. We purposely maintain a small caseload so that we can provide outstanding legal help to our clients. For this reason, we cannot take every case. However, we are happy to discuss any potential injury case with you. If our office is unable to represent you, we can provide a referral to other experienced attorneys who may be able to assist you.

The law office of Grant A. Gehrmann focuses on personal injury cases involving:

  • Spinal injuries
  • Brain injuries
  • Wrongful death

How much is my case worth?

In Washington, an injured person is entitled to compensation for lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering damages, and loss of enjoyment of life damages caused by a negligent defendant, among other damages that may apply given the specific facts of each case. Damages in Washington injury cases are typically based upon the seriousness of the injury, the amount of physical recovery made, and any permanence of injuries. A case valuation also considers the mental and physical pain and suffering of an injured person.

Throughout his career, Grant Gehrmann has obtained outstanding results for his clients. Some notable case results include:

What should I do immediately after a car collision?

After an car accident, it’s crucial to first ensure everyone’s safety. Then, if possible, move your vehicle to a safe location and call emergency services. Exchange information with the other driver(s) involved and gather evidence such as photos and witness statements.

Do I need a lawyer for my car accident case?

Having legal representation can greatly benefit you. A lawyer can navigate the complexities of the legal process, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and work to maximize your compensation while you focus on your recovery.

Should I speak with the insurance company before contacting a lawyer?

We advise to consult with a lawyer before speaking with the insurance company. Insurance adjusters may try to minimize your claim or pressure you into accepting a settlement that’s less than you deserve. A lawyer can help protect your rights and ensure you receive fair compensation.

How long do I have to file a claim after an auto accident?

The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim after a car accident varies by state. In Washington, you typically have 3 years from the date of the accident to file a claim. However, it’s best to consult with us as soon as possible to ensure you meet all deadlines.

What damages can I recover in an car crash claim?

In an auto accident claim, you may be entitled to various types of damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and, in some cases, punitive damages. The specific damages you can recover depend on the circumstances of your case.

Who pays my medical bills if I’m hurt in a car collision?

Most people have Personal Injury Protection coverage with their own car insurance. This is commonly known as “PIP” and it pays the medical bills from a collision up to the limit that you have purchased, which typically is between $10,000 and $35,000. PIP insurance may also pay wage loss for time lost from work.

What if I’m injured in a car crash by an uninsured driver or driver with low insurance limits?

If you’re hurt in a car crash by an uninsured or underinsured driver, your own insurance may be required to pay damages to you under coverage known as “UM” or “UIM, provided you have purchased this coverage from your own insurance. Most “full coverage” auto insurance policies do have UM (uninsured motorist) and UIM(underinsured) coverage to protect a person that is hurt in a car crash by an uninsured or underinsured driver.

What if the accident resulted in the wrongful death of a loved one?

If the auto accident resulted in the wrongful death of a loved one, you may have grounds for a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death claims allow certain family members to seek compensation for damages such as medical expenses, funeral costs, loss of income, and loss of companionship. We can help you understand your rights and options during this difficult time.

Does my insurance company get repaid at some point?

Typically, your insurance provider will get repaid for PIP payments when damages are paid by the at-fault driver’s insurance company. However, there are exceptions that may apply to protect you from this repayment obligation in situations where the at-fault driver has limited or no insurance. Our office provides assistance and guidance to our clients on these issues.

“I used Grant for an auto accident. He was a joy to work with through the whole process. When a problem came up he fixed things right away and didn’t stall. He was very professional and quick to answer any questions I had and was knowledgeable about what was to come and what was a reasonable request. He went above and beyond my expectations. It was a great experience overall.”

— Leslie S.

Grant A. Gehrmann Will Put His Experience to Work for You

Vancouver WA car accident attorney

We can help with all aspects of personal injury claims.

Grant A. Gehrmann is an outstanding and compassionate attorney in Vancouver. 

An honors graduate from Seattle University School of Law, Grant is also a former Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Clark County and has been pursuing personal injury cases since 1995. 

Grant has an outstanding reputation in the legal community. He is recognized as a top-tier injury attorney in the state of Washington.

Stand Up To Pushy Insurance Companies

Let Us Fight For You

Call to Get Started: (360) 253-3667

“Grant and his staff are fantastic to work with. I appreciated their honesty and the time they took to make sure I understood what to expect each step of the way. I felt very confident in their expertise and appreciate the genuine care they have for their clients.”

— Amber F.

Not Sure if You Have a Case?

Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation

Gehrmann Injury Law

Get the expert service and trusted representation you need from an experienced Vancouver personal injury attorney.

(360) 253-3667

203 SE Park Plaza Dr., Suite #215
Vancouver, WA 98684
Get Directions

Serving Vancouver, Camas, Kelso, Longview, Washougal, Battleground, Longbeach, Woodland, La Center, and Ridgefield for over 30 years.

Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM -5:00 PM